× Post here your all VirtueMart related problems.

Question My cart doesn't update?

20 Jun 2010 11:18 #49 by iwindsurf

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi Webgobe
    Really like your hack and the way you support it!

I am using Virtuemart 1.1.4 with Joomla 1.5.18

I installed the basic version of the customattributesextendedwindow and have used the basic example as given in the txt file -
    Fenetre (window)(|)(350|350|1800|2100|10|2|200);

although the cart is updated it doesn't seem to change the price and I get an error -
    Error: Width not in allowed limits, values entered for dimensions will be ignored, defaults will be used instead.
    even though I clearly enter a width in limits

I am thinking that the javascript isn't working and that the values aren't being sent with the form but can't work out why...

The test environment is at;
    www.foamonline2000.co.uk/index.php?page=...virtuemart&Itemid=53

I would appreciate any insight !

regards
    Simon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2010 03:30 #50 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • Aaaargh... Mynxx again...
    OK, here what I think you have:
    a. You don't use the default VM template, but part of the hacked files are modifyed files belonging to the default VM template. So, you need to examine the files in the /components/com_virtuemart/themes/default folder of the hack, see which of them are missing from the /components/com_virtuemart/themes/default folder and replicate the changes/copy the files to your template, in your case the /components/com_virtuemart/themes/vm_mynxx files. Be aware, that simply overwritting here the existing files won't work, so I recommend you, to copy only the missing files, and replicate by hand the changes to the rest of the files. Can be tricky, I know...
    b. You use Mynxx... that's a problem. I love RocketTheme templates - I have developer account with them - but I guess Mynxx is the buggies theme ever from what they released. So performing the tasks in point a. may still leave you with some problems, but the good news are that those can be handled.

21 Jun 2010 18:59 #51 by iwindsurf

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Thanks for the pointers & advice - I still need to look through those files to see whats missing.
    meanwhile I spent some time playing with the javascript and got it working - I changed your totalprice function to use the getElementById

Meanwhile my real purpose was to extend your 2D version to 3D and add a depth component so that I can work out the price of a block given a unit price per cubic metre etc.

my javascript now looks like this;
    function totalprice()
    		{
    		var pricecbm = $price
    		if(document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field1').value) 
    			a = document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field1').value
    		else 
    			a = $default_block_width
    		if(document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field2').value)
    			b = document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field2').value
    		else 
    		    b = $default_block_height
    		if(document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field3').value)
    			c = document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field3').value
    		else 
    		    c = $default_block_depth
    		if(document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_field4').checked)
    			d = \"$with_rolo\"
    		else 
    		    d = \"\"
    		x = a * b * c /1000000 * pricecbm
    		y =  a+\"*\"+b+\"*\"+c
    		document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."').value = y
    		document.getElementById('".$field['attr_pagevar']."_feedback').value = x
    		}

I added an extra input field so that people can see what the new price is for the dimensions they enter...

the extra html looks like this
    $html .= "<br /><input id=\"".$field['attr_pagevar']."_feedback\" name=\"".$field['attr_pagevar']."_feedback\" type=\"text\"  readonly=true />
    <input id=\"".$field['attr_pagevar']."\" name=\"".$field['attr_pagevar']."\" type=\"hidden\"  readonly=true />";

the feedback field shows the dynamic price
    the other returns the values to the cart

any ideas how to offer different substances the block is made of at different prices per unit volume and show a comparison?

if not I'm happy with this result and can move forward...

Thanks again for your effort and offering the downloads etc - very helpful

:)

22 Jun 2010 06:11 #52 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • I'd like to test your mods - and eventually to include it in the download.
    For the other problem (substances and eventually price comparation) Look at the Pizza attribute I made, you will got some ideeas ;)

Joomla Security

Do you need a helping hand to keep your Joomla site in top shape?

You need someone to keep your site safe? If you want to know, what we can do for you, here is a short list:

• We are performing a security audit - and we repeating this regularly
    • We are appliying all upgrades to the site as needed
    • We are adding our mix of security tools, settings and patches
    • We are setting up a backup procedure to ensure, that your data is safe
    • We are monitoring for uptime and unwanted activity
    • We are correcting any issues found
    • We are supporting all current and upcoming Joomla versions

Sit back and relax - we are doing the mundane work for you!

You only need to get your portion of Joomla Security Update today!

Forum Search

Keyword

Recommendations

Denes is an excellent person to work with. His work is always 100% complete and he always works to provide even better result than planned. He is very focused on getting the job done within due time and follows guidelines and restrictions perfectly. Denes is also very easy to work with and always understand the concept of the work. This makes it easy to achieve the final result as agreed upon.

Erik Thorsen
    Account Manager SEM - IUM Norway
    August 15, 2006

Forum

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:13.73k
    • Latest Member:mabohu
    • Total Posts:323
    • Total Topics:73
    • Total Sections:2
    • Total Categories:14
    • Today Open:0
    • Yesterday Open:0
    • Today Answer:0
    • Yesterday Answer:0

Disclaimer

webGóbé and http://webgobe.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™. Any products and services provided through this site are not supported or warrantied by The Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters, Inc. Use of the Joomla!® name, logo and related trademarks is permitted under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, Inc.

All downloadable items in these pages are zip files containing no malware, adware or any other potentially dangerous content. They are meant to be used as extensions of Joomla CMS, and don't install or modify anything on your computer. Special install/uninstall info - if is different from standard Joomla extension install/uninstall procedure - is contained in each package - and available in the download page prior you click on the Download button.

Online Support

webGóbé
    Send a message via MSN to webGóbé Send a message via Yahoo to webGóbé Send a message via Skype to webGóbé Send a message via ICQ to webGóbé
    Telephone number of webGóbé 040-744-548848
    Expert SEO Services by Houts Graphics custom software development The professional company a4c provides all the information on development application for CashBack. The professional company a4c provides all the information on development whitelabel for CashBack.

Sign In or Create Account