Question Need Help...where's the templates ?

12 Oct 2011 15:01 #217 by veeco

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hello I'm using your mod_vm_product_filter, i must say it should work.. but it doesn't...
    now i'm using parameter type to Multiple Values

i'm tracing your code and found a problem
    my product type use browse4.. on your code i saw this code:
    $template = read_file( PAGEPATH."templates/".$browsepage.".php");

but when i try to echo the template it return:
    D:\zend\Apache2\htdocs\joomla1523/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/templates/browse_4.php

Well, there is no "browse_4.php" in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/templates/

However i try to echo $comp and $attr manually... both shown and the filter works...
    so my problem is.. where's the template that your code looking at ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2011 15:15 #218 by veeco

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Another Question...
    Which template that control the search result ?

12 Oct 2011 16:16 - 12 Oct 2011 16:18 #219 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • veeco wrote: Hello I'm using your mod_vm_product_filter, i must say it should work.. but it doesn't...
    now i'm using parameter type to Multiple Values

i'm tracing your code and found a problem
    my product type use browse4.. on your code i saw this code:

Well, the module - as I had been writing this on couple of previous posts - is a simple wrap in the module position of the core code of the Advanced Search According to Parameters function of Virtuemart. Hence have no secial settings, it's taking ALL key data from VirtueMart's main configuration and the products themselves. Install and publish the mod_virtuemart module from the standard distribution package, and check the link from there. If that link works - meaning you have your shop currently configured, with product types also correctly configured, at least one product assigned to your published product types, with all parameters correctly set, you will see that the module also will work.
    As for the base question: wich template is uses:
    check the main configuration of VirtueMart, you will find out, what template is used.
    The results you got by tracing the output are saying to me that the main VirtueMart configuration isn't correct. Check the shop to work correctly.
    Again: is nothing to configure there, above the need to select ONE (JUST ONE!!!) product type to filter on. Another thing which is mentioned both in the readme and in the forums (both there and in VM forums.
    Last Edit: 12 Oct 2011 16:18 by webgobe.

12 Oct 2011 18:26 #220 by veeco

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hello,
    Thanks for your prompt reply..

The Reason i trace the source code is because the module does not output anything instead of submit butten and current product type...

so trace your code and found the output should come from the $template

Now i checked on
    PAGEPATH."templates/".$browsepage.".php")
    it refer to a file thats not on the server ( i user browse4.php) for most of the front end..

if my virtuemart configuration is wrong.. based on your experience, which should i check first ?

12 Oct 2011 18:35 #221 by veeco

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• A little breakdown:

PAGEPATH Comes from:
    define( 'PAGEPATH', ADMINPATH.'html/' );

ADMINPATH Comes from:
    define( 'ADMINPATH', $mosConfig_absolute_path.'/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/' );

my $browsepage = browse_4

so basically the module try to read the file in :/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/templates/browse_4.php

there's no 'templates' folder inside html folder on com_virtuemart...

12 Oct 2011 18:54 #222 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • And there should not be such a folder... that's why I am asking you to do what I proposed+ to check FIRST if the core VM functionality works.
    Templates are in components/com_virtuemart/themes folder, the template file for the browsepage is located somewhere in components/com_virtuemart/themes/YOURHEMEOFCHOICE/templates/browse/ folder, so the correct path should be components/com_virtuemart/themes/YOURHEMEOFCHOICE/templates/browse/browse_4.php
    If the tracing gives you other results than that, then I don't see how in the heck your shop can work.... because then simply the module (and the module uses CORE VM calls!!) simply can't get the correct info from VM config file.
    Believe me, is nothing wrong with the module... There are more, than 500 downloads only from my site alone, and the module is posted on couple of other sites too. And nobody reported similar issues. I used it allready on more, than 15 sites, with VM versions from 1.1.2 to 1.1.9 (latest stable) withouth any problems.
    Do me a favor, check that thing with the mod_virtuemart and the Advanced Search link from there.
    And see if that works. And if that link - and search made from that link - works, and the module not, then we can go deeper in finding out what's wrong. (Can be a lot of things, including PHP version of your install - but if the core VM install works, is not likely to have problems with the module.)
    If you install it in some place I can access too, I'm open to help you to correctly set it up, but I can't help you with an install on your local machine.

Joomla Security

Do you need a helping hand to keep your Joomla site in top shape?

You need someone to keep your site safe? If you want to know, what we can do for you, here is a short list:

• We are performing a security audit - and we repeating this regularly
    • We are appliying all upgrades to the site as needed
    • We are adding our mix of security tools, settings and patches
    • We are setting up a backup procedure to ensure, that your data is safe
    • We are monitoring for uptime and unwanted activity
    • We are correcting any issues found
    • We are supporting all current and upcoming Joomla versions

Sit back and relax - we are doing the mundane work for you!

You only need to get your portion of Joomla Security Update today!

Forum Search

Keyword

Recommendations

Denes is highly skilled and very very knowledgeable at what he does, especially with joomla, which is knows inside out. I would put his level of expertise at the PRO level. Joomla is like a walk in the park for Denes and it shows in how fast he resolves and finishes set tasks. A friendly guy who goes that extra step to help his clients.

Suruk Miah
    migrating existing joomla 1.0 site to new joomla 1.5 site
    26/Jan/2010

Forum

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:13.73k
    • Latest Member:vanonasaridze
    • Total Posts:323
    • Total Topics:73
    • Total Sections:2
    • Total Categories:14
    • Today Open:0
    • Yesterday Open:0
    • Today Answer:0
    • Yesterday Answer:0

Disclaimer

webGóbé and http://webgobe.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™. Any products and services provided through this site are not supported or warrantied by The Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters, Inc. Use of the Joomla!® name, logo and related trademarks is permitted under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, Inc.

All downloadable items in these pages are zip files containing no malware, adware or any other potentially dangerous content. They are meant to be used as extensions of Joomla CMS, and don't install or modify anything on your computer. Special install/uninstall info - if is different from standard Joomla extension install/uninstall procedure - is contained in each package - and available in the download page prior you click on the Download button.

Online Support

webGóbé
    Send a message via MSN to webGóbé Send a message via Yahoo to webGóbé Send a message via Skype to webGóbé Send a message via ICQ to webGóbé
    Telephone number of webGóbé 040-744-548848
    Expert SEO Services by Houts Graphics custom software development The professional company a4c provides all the information on development application for CashBack. The professional company a4c provides all the information on development whitelabel for CashBack.

Sign In or Create Account