14 Mar 2012 17:03 #258 by cfreek

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • I'm having the same or a similar issue as these posts:
    www.webgobe.ro/en/login/create-an-account.html
    www.webgobe.ro/en/forum/virtuemart-modul...by-sku.html?Itemid=0

When the "Confirm Order" button is pressed, the following error is/was shown:

[14-Mar-2012 10:00:52] PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/[SITENAME]/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 1683

The item(s) in the cart have a shipping cost defined.

Throughout the checkout process, the "Shipping and Handling Fee:" shows as $0.00, even though the "Shipping Rate" (located at the bottom left on a default set-up, next to the shipping address) shows a dollar amount.

I have done a fair amount of tracing, and have partially located what/where I believe the issue to be.
    I made notes throughout the tracing, they are as follows, for your reference.
    traced code through to:
    administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/basket.php
    Where:
    $tax_total = $ps_checkout->calc_order_tax($order_taxable, $vars);
    was the offending line.
    grepped for function calc_order_tax declaration, and located the function in:
    administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php
    Line 1652 contains:
    @$order_tax_details[$taxrate] += $rate - ($rate / ($taxrate+1));
    This appears to be the offending line, the "@" silences errors/warnings and is the lazy man's way of keeping an application from throwing warnings.
    Removing the "@" created the error (again) of:
    Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/machort/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 1652
    $rate is an array, it should be a int or other numeric value, since the code is trying to perform math on it.
    the value comes from:
    line 1650
    $this->_SHIPPING->get_rate( $d );
    This function *appears* to come from:
    /home/machort/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ship_product.php
    Line 44

Any ideas?

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2012 17:17 #259 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • Hmm, the code chunks you have found are ALL core VM codes ;) I am really not guilty for those. The module is running on several (50+ instances I am aware of, but there are more k's of downloads) sites with same code.
    Let me ask you couple of silly questions:
    If you disable the module site is working?
    If you got the errors only with the module enabled, did you added ALL the SKU's with corresponding shipping rates to the shipping methods config?

14 Mar 2012 17:49 #260 by cfreek

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Correct, it is VM code; however, the tracing still appears to point to the issue coming from the add-on - VM is apparently expecting a numeric value, and your code is returning an array. Is it perhaps a version issue?

I am running VM 1.1.9 on this site.

I have verified that all product SKUs have a shipping cost.
    The site is using Child products, all attached to a parent product; could this make a difference?

I disabled your per-item shipping module, and enabled the Zone Shipping module. On clicking the complete order button, I no longer received a blank page, but instead received the checkout page again with the Authorize.net error concerning using a test card number - in other words, it worked as expected.
    Also, there is a value now in the "Shipping and Handling Fee" column of the cart.

Re-enabling your module, the fee goes back to 0 and the blank page comes up again.

And...

Just for giggles, I changed:
    return array ($total,$i);
    To:
    return $total;

On line 74. After doing this, the page loads as expected and shipping charges show up (I have not yet verified they are correct).

Thanks again!

14 Mar 2012 17:50 #261 by cfreek

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Sorry:

*on line 74 of ship_product.php

Also, virtuemart version is 1.1.9 in case I didn't mention it.

14 Mar 2012 19:12 #262 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • Hmm, the parent-child setup can make a difference. Try to add multiple products in the cart, and see, if the values are correct.
    As I will have some time, will test myself too.
    Thanks for signalling a potential problem. I think worth digging and trying it out in various scenarios. sincerely, I never tried to use it with child products :blush:

16 Mar 2012 17:15 #265 by cfreek

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Unfortunately, we had to come up with a quick "plan b", as it's on a live site. I may be able to set up a mirror when I have some extra time to do more testing with the add-on; and/or, update as you come up with fixes.

Off topic - I haven't dug to see what it is, but a script in your website causes my IE (IE 9) to hang and the tab to lock up. Firefox hangs and gives me the option to kill the script.

Joomla Security

Do you need a helping hand to keep your Joomla site in top shape?

You need someone to keep your site safe? If you want to know, what we can do for you, here is a short list:

• We are performing a security audit - and we repeating this regularly
    • We are appliying all upgrades to the site as needed
    • We are adding our mix of security tools, settings and patches
    • We are setting up a backup procedure to ensure, that your data is safe
    • We are monitoring for uptime and unwanted activity
    • We are correcting any issues found
    • We are supporting all current and upcoming Joomla versions

Sit back and relax - we are doing the mundane work for you!

You only need to get your portion of Joomla Security Update today!

Forum Search

Keyword

Recommendations

We've worked with Dénes for a few years now, and we couldn't be more pleased. He is prompt, courteous, and above all, extremely knowledgable. He's kept our website running like a well-oiled machine, and if an issue ever pops up, he resolves it with speed and accuracy. I'm always quick to recommend him to others in my industry, and I am grateful for all the years of stellar service.

Jillian Stone
    Operations Manager at Leadership Rhode Island
    May 28, 2015

Forum

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:13.73k
    • Latest Member:hypnoyanova
    • Total Posts:323
    • Total Topics:73
    • Total Sections:2
    • Total Categories:14
    • Today Open:0
    • Yesterday Open:0
    • Today Answer:0
    • Yesterday Answer:0

Disclaimer

webGóbé and http://webgobe.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™. Any products and services provided through this site are not supported or warrantied by The Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters, Inc. Use of the Joomla!® name, logo and related trademarks is permitted under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, Inc.

All downloadable items in these pages are zip files containing no malware, adware or any other potentially dangerous content. They are meant to be used as extensions of Joomla CMS, and don't install or modify anything on your computer. Special install/uninstall info - if is different from standard Joomla extension install/uninstall procedure - is contained in each package - and available in the download page prior you click on the Download button.

Online Support

webGóbé
    Send a message via MSN to webGóbé Send a message via Yahoo to webGóbé Send a message via Skype to webGóbé Send a message via ICQ to webGóbé
    Telephone number of webGóbé 040-744-548848
    Expert SEO Services by Houts Graphics custom software development The professional company a4c provides all the information on development application for CashBack. The professional company a4c provides all the information on development whitelabel for CashBack.

Sign In or Create Account