Question Ship Product showing for all products.

29 Nov 2010 17:35 #90 by baxterdown

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hello, good day.

I downloaded and installed ship_product in a VM installation at www.flaglermuseum.us/museum-store and assigned it to SKUs 0001 (Corporate Membership) and 0002 (Individual Membership) at 0.00 value. These two products are memberships so they don't have shipping charge.

The module works in the sense that when I put a membership on the cart, I get an option for "Standard Shipping: $0.00" as it should. The problem is that I get this Standard Shipping: $0.00 for all products.

Regular products not in the ship_product list should show in the cart with only the FedEx shipping module I selected. Membership products in the ship_product SKU list should show in the cart with the 0.00 shipping option.

I will be glad to provide you with a temporary login to the website if you need it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Jose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2010 18:20 #91 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • I definitively need to log in to the site and to see what you have there. May be a misunderstanding of how VM's shipping engine works.
    I'll try to explain it in a short way - this may help.
    So, when you proceed to checkout, the shipping engine will process ALL the cart contents and will apply ALL shipping charges which are qualifying, presenting you with a list of available options. So if you have products with free shipping mixed with products wich have their own shipping charge, then you will see ALL available options. Some shipping modules are built to be used only with given products - as the one you downloaded from my site. This one will add itself anytime a qualifying product is found in basket.
    Other shipping modules are kicking in anytime another condition: for example a qualifying shipping address is present - as the FedEx module. So its likely that you will see the output for both: the 0.0 charge for my module, and the one outputted by the FedEx module.
    If you want to let your users to put mixed product types, then you need some corresponding mix of shipping modules, wich let you have at the end the corresponding results. For example tricks like if a product wich qualifyes for FedEx shipping is in pacjkage, then the free shipping module to not be used.
    Fedex shipping module mixed with my module can't do that. For the end result you need an extra hack. Isn't impossible, for example on http://www.kadkitchenandbedroom.co.uk/ I did exactly that. There are 2 shipping modules used, ona kicks in when small items are in basket, the other is for heavy ones, and when the second kicks in, the result from the first one aren't used.

29 Nov 2010 19:21 #92 by baxterdown

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hi, thanks for the explanation. And yes, you are correct and I understanding it just like you explained it. What is happening is that your module is kicking in when it shouldn't.

I haven't tested the cart with multiple products yet. My first test was with just one product. I tested with a membership, which shouldn't charge shipping. And then I tested with a regular product (a book) which should charge shipping. But the cart was still showing the module with 0.00, which shouldn't.

I am sending you a PM with login information. Thanks!

29 Nov 2010 19:26 #93 by baxterdown

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• I didn't find a place to PM you. I used the forum e-mail system. It should be there now :) Thanks!

30 Nov 2010 10:21 #94 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• In the bottom left corner :woohoo: , just below the posts you have all my contacts ;) Got the message, will look into and get back to you ASAP!

30 Nov 2010 10:32 #95 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Congrats, you discovered a bug! Let me fix it and post the fix ASAP.
    Indeed, my module kicks in also when shouldn't do that. I must missed something there... :blush:

Joomla Security

Do you need a helping hand to keep your Joomla site in top shape?

You need someone to keep your site safe? If you want to know, what we can do for you, here is a short list:

• We are performing a security audit - and we repeating this regularly
    • We are appliying all upgrades to the site as needed
    • We are adding our mix of security tools, settings and patches
    • We are setting up a backup procedure to ensure, that your data is safe
    • We are monitoring for uptime and unwanted activity
    • We are correcting any issues found
    • We are supporting all current and upcoming Joomla versions

Sit back and relax - we are doing the mundane work for you!

You only need to get your portion of Joomla Security Update today!

Forum Search

Keyword

Recommendations

webGobe demostrated to be serious and committed. With detailed instructions he drove his skills to accomplish the needed tasks. He had showed and had communicated since the early beginning of the project.

ulisvw (Rent-a-Coder)
    Portal, CMS web application

Forum

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:13.73k
    • Latest Member:vanonasaridze
    • Total Posts:323
    • Total Topics:73
    • Total Sections:2
    • Total Categories:14
    • Today Open:0
    • Yesterday Open:0
    • Today Answer:0
    • Yesterday Answer:0

Disclaimer

webGóbé and http://webgobe.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™. Any products and services provided through this site are not supported or warrantied by The Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters, Inc. Use of the Joomla!® name, logo and related trademarks is permitted under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, Inc.

All downloadable items in these pages are zip files containing no malware, adware or any other potentially dangerous content. They are meant to be used as extensions of Joomla CMS, and don't install or modify anything on your computer. Special install/uninstall info - if is different from standard Joomla extension install/uninstall procedure - is contained in each package - and available in the download page prior you click on the Download button.

Online Support

webGóbé
    Send a message via MSN to webGóbé Send a message via Yahoo to webGóbé Send a message via Skype to webGóbé Send a message via ICQ to webGóbé
    Telephone number of webGóbé 040-744-548848
    Expert SEO Services by Houts Graphics custom software development The professional company a4c provides all the information on development application for CashBack. The professional company a4c provides all the information on development whitelabel for CashBack.

Sign In or Create Account