× Ask your questions about the hacks we made available for download. Try to keep your questions in their specific category!

Idea mod_vm_product_filter in certain category

22 Dec 2011 19:18 #250 by nehogymar

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi webgobé,
    I’ve tried to figure out, how can I specify the itemID to display in certain category, but no luck.
    First I switched off the SEF to be sure what is the correct itemID. In may case is 204.
    If I give this number your module, displays in all category unless main page, if it’s leaved blank appears on all pages.

So how is it possíble –regaring for your sample- to show up your module/and search, just in „MONITOR” category, but no other else?

I also attempted to append menu items, but of course those not detailed for VM categories.

By the way, you said simple, but useful module

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2011 08:33 #251 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 8

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • You can do that in couple of ways:
    a. You want to show it in a regular module position, but only in a certain category
    For that you need to have a menu link to that category, and to set 2 things in the module: the associated menu item where supposed to be shown, as for ant Joomla module, and in module parameters to set that Itemid parameter corresponding to the menu item pointing to your category.
    First thing is for Joomla - to show the module when the selected menu item is active. The second is for Virtuemart, to not overwrite the Joomla's ItemID handling, and to use the correct one.
    BTW, Virtuemart is notorious for bad ItemID handling, so you might have further surprises.
    To fix some of issues, you should use a smart SEF component (sh404SEF is the best) and to tweak manually the SEF URL associations (the "duplicate" handling) to get the desired results. Withouth that, if for example someone does a search other, than performed by this module can easily land on the category page - or the inner pages in that category - and to not see the module.
    b. Harder to perform, but rock solid:
    Build a custom category browsepage for your category. Create a module position inside that browsepage, and set the module to be shown in that module position. Very tricky - you need to know VM inside out - but can be done. The hardest part is to make VirtueMart show that module position.

23 Dec 2011 13:28 - 23 Dec 2011 13:29 #252 by nehogymar

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestion. Eventually I choosed the simpliest method. If anybody also curious about…:

forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=64236.0 ]

…and yes, after the sh404sef turned on again, got some issues but works. Due to I use custom menu to category browser page, the breadcrumb not same as in normal caregory browser menu/page case. For e.g.:

Completed with yor module: You are here : Mysite » Monitor
    …without :Mysite » Kategóriák » Monitor

So I had to create menu order manually to get the same result like so:

Menu/Menu manager/New (name: anything):
    Menu Items: 2
    Parent/name: Kategóriák (type: URL: mypage/kategoriák.html)
    Child/name: Monitor (type: VirtueMart/MONITOR catid)

So thanks your support!
    Last Edit: 23 Dec 2011 13:29 by nehogymar.

24 Dec 2011 09:32 #253 by webgobe

• Administrator
  • Administrator

• Thank you received: 8

• Birthdate: 18 Jan 1960
  • Glad you succeded!
    Merry Christmas! Áldott karácsonyt! www.webgobe.ro/xmas.html

Joomla Security

Do you need a helping hand to keep your Joomla site in top shape?

You need someone to keep your site safe? If you want to know, what we can do for you, here is a short list:

• We are performing a security audit - and we repeating this regularly
    • We are appliying all upgrades to the site as needed
    • We are adding our mix of security tools, settings and patches
    • We are setting up a backup procedure to ensure, that your data is safe
    • We are monitoring for uptime and unwanted activity
    • We are correcting any issues found
    • We are supporting all current and upcoming Joomla versions

Sit back and relax - we are doing the mundane work for you!

You only need to get your portion of Joomla Security Update today!

Forum Search

Keyword

Recommendations

Denes is a helpful administrator, he relieve developers work.

Babos Attila
    programmer at C-soft
    September 27, 2006

Forum

This seal is issued to webgobe.com by StopTheHacker Inc.

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:14.11k
    • Latest Member:Kay_winters
    • Total Posts:331
    • Total Topics:75
    • Total Sections:2
    • Total Categories:14
    • Today Open:0
    • Yesterday Open:0
    • Today Answer:0
    • Yesterday Answer:0

Disclaimer

webGóbé and http://webgobe.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™. Any products and services provided through this site are not supported or warrantied by The Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters, Inc. Use of the Joomla!® name, logo and related trademarks is permitted under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, Inc.

All downloadable items in these pages are zip files containing no malware, adware or any other potentially dangerous content. They are meant to be used as extensions of Joomla CMS, and don't install or modify anything on your computer. Special install/uninstall info - if is different from standard Joomla extension install/uninstall procedure - is contained in each package - and available in the download page prior you click on the Download button.

Expert SEO Services by Houts Graphics

For additional local NJ Limousine Service New Jersey Limo Service visit nycairportslimo.

Sign In or Create Account