Joomla Security Audit
- your first step to learn about your site's security status
Even if we recommend to everyone to request our Joomla Security Update service, we also offer an one-time Joomla Security audit to let you know how your site is looking like security wise, what are the security leaks you need to be aware of and what are our recommendations to prevent your site from being hacked.
You must be aware, that we don't do any changes to your site, we just examine it in order to build for you a list of recommendations! Based on the results, you can decide about what to do next based on the real security status of your Joomla site
Here is a list of what we usually checking. The list is only a restricted sample of our usual tasks, the complete list varies depending on your version of Joomla, your installed extensions, the server environment you use and several other factors.
- Your .htaccess file has been modified recently (301 re-directs away from your site, or to pages that aren't familiar)
- The files belonging to the version of Joomla you have are EXACTLY the same as the ones in the official packages
- Your config.php file was changed recently
- Any of your template files was changed recently
- You have files/directories which should not be there (odd index.php files in directories where they should not to be, for example)
- Your database has oddly named tables
- Your image directory (and couple of other similar directories) has files in it that end in something other than an image format extension, such as ".php"
- You have administrative users in the backend you don't are aware of!
- You have weird back-links, your page has unusual keywords in search-engine indexes
- With Google beginning to mask almost all keywords, it's harder nowadays to find out if users are coming to your site using keywords common to spammers (like pharma terms or payday loans). Still, it's worth digging into your analytics and also checking your Joomla search history in the backend to see what kinds of information people are attempting to find on your site.
- You have outdated extensions or extensions with known vulnerabilities
- Your site is listed by any blacklisting service, has bad WOT (Word of Trust) or any similar ratings
- Your site contains any known malware code.
The amount of work to be done is varying due to many factors, so we can give you a price for the service only after doing a free, no strings attached preliminary examination of your site, but we have a good news for you! Our prices are starting from 50 €/70$. Even better, if you choose the Joomla Security Update service, the service is FREE.